The next intake for this offering will be in January 2020. Registration deadline is January 17th 2019.
The University of Greenwich's BSc (Hons) Computing top-up degree with its newly developed specialisms in Computing (General), Information Systems or Networking, is structured to provide a final year top-up option to graduates of the:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- UTT NETD in Computer Engineering
- ROYTEC Associate Degree in Information Systems Management
- NCC Advanced Diploma in Computing
Applicants with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for the final year top-up. See our Entry Requirements tab below for more information or email us at CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
Offer to past SBCS HND students
Application and administration fees waived (save $700).
Highlights at a glance -
- Allows for specializations in Computing (General), Information Systems or Networking
- Can be achieved in one year.
- Comprises of four modules and one Final Project
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
- 12 months
- Champs Fleurs
Any one of the following qualifications can be considered for direct entry onto the BSc (Hons) Computing – (Information Systems or Network Systems):
- Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- ABE Advanced Diploma in BIS
- IMIS Higher Diploma or IDPM Higher Diploma
- ACP Advanced Diploma (credit average)
- NCC Advanced Diploma
- ROYTEC’s Associate Degree in ISM
- UTT NETD in Computer Engineering
- CSEC/CXC graduates can obtain the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information top-up degree via our Diploma in Computing
- CAPE/GCE A’ level graduates can also pursue this qualification via the Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
The next intake for this offering will be in January 2020. Registration opens on August 1st, 2019 and the registration deadline is December 14th 2019.
To confirm your eligibility forward soft copies of the following to CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
- Original certificate and transcript or official transcript and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
- For students with qualifications more than five years old, a resume listing positions held and key responsibilities will be also required.
Programme aims and objectives
The programme places graduates at the forefront of their academic discipline and exposes them to leading practices in the profession, such as, AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
Core Courses such as Requirements Management, Human Computer Interaction and Design and the Final Year Project will specifically have delivered transferable skills.
The Final Year Project requires students to work independently, abstract the essentials of a problem, obtain solutions by appropriate methods, and present their arguments and conclusions in a form of an application (product) demonstration as well as a well-reasoned formal dissertation report.
Career opportunities exist in many computing areas, these include:
- Database Analyst, Database Developer, Database Administrator or Database Architect
- Mobile Application Developer, Web Developer, Full Stack Developer, Front End Developer, Web Designer, Interaction Designer
- E-Commerce Specialist, Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator, Network Administrator
University Facts 2017
- The University of Greenwich achieved a Teaching Excellence Framework silver rating in recognition of high quality resources, teaching and personalised provision. Click here to find out more.
- The University has more than 245,000 alumni, and a thriving Alumni Association with more than 67,000 former students from 160 countries.
- The University has been providing quality education for more than 125 years.
Certifications graduates can pursue
- CISCO – Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- COMPTIA – Network +, Security+
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
Professional Development/ Short courses for graduates
- Computer Forensics
- Network Forensics Investigations
- Security Testing Associate
- Wireless Security Associate