The BSc (Hons) Occupational Health, Safety and Environment extended final year top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE-HVAC) programme offered at SBCS.
Graduates with a similar level qualification may also be eligible for the extended final year top-up. See our Entry Requirements tab below for more information.
Classes for the next available intake commence the week of February 11th 2019.
The registration deadline has been extended to February 9th 2019.
Take advantage of our Early Bird Tuition Offer valid till January 31st 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
At SBCS we focus on -.
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Extended Final Year (Top-up)
- IOSH Accredited (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for graduate membership from IOSH.
- Multiple Entry Paths
- Expert Lecturers
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety Health and the Environment Click below for details.
- This qualification can be earned in just two (2) years.
- Champs Fleurs
To be eligible for direct entry you must have completed one of the following qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from COSTAATT
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Cipriani College
- NEBOSH Diploma (Level 6)
Persons who are in possession of any of the following qualifications may be eligible for entry to the BSc (Hons) OSHE upon completion of the three month Fundamentals of Health Safety and Environment Bridging Programme:
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Health
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Technology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Water Resources Management and Technology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Agriculture
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Forestry
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Management
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Physics
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Biology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in General Nursing
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Nutrition and Food Science
- Cipriani College Associate Degree in Security Administration and Management
- City and Guilds Electrical and Electronic Advanced Technician Diploma
- An Associate Degree in Science and/or Engineering from COSTAATT or Cipriani College
To register for this programme, provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting or emailing:
- Original Academic Certificates and Official Transcripts, or
- Official Transcript and Completion Letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
- Birth Certificate
In cases where official student transcripts are required, students must request their original transcript from the relevant examination body/educational institution and forward to:
The Centre for the University of Greenwich
SBCS Global Learning Institute
53-54 Sagan Drive
Trinidad, West Indies
For more information or support, email the Centre for University of Greenwich Programmes or email your course administrators directly:
The BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Programme is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), Europe’s leading body for health and safety professionals, which represents 27,000 members in over 50 countries. Graduates will be eligible to apply for graduate membership from IOSH. For further information, visit their website at http://www.iosh.co.uk/
Aims and Objectives
This programme aims to produce resourceful, competent professionals with a range of skills relevant to modern industry in the field of health and safety. It also aims to develop an understanding of the subject from a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective.
It is expected that students graduating with a BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment degree will, if already working in this field, be able to develop their career by demonstrating competency in the strategic management of health, safety and risk.
Other students who desire a career in this field will be able to improve their employment and career opportunities by demonstrating high quality health, safety and risk management knowledge and skills.