At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- IOSH Accredited (Global Recognition and Portability)
- Multiple Entry Paths
- Multiple Campuses
- Expert Lecturers
- This qualification can be earned in just two (2) years.
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
To be eligible for direct entry you must have completed one of the following qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from COSTAATT
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health from Cipriani College
- NEBOSH Diploma
Persons who are in possession of any of the following qualifications may be eligible for entry to the BSc (Hons) OSHE upon completion of the three month Fundamentals to Health Safety and Environment Bridging Programme:
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Health
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Technology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Water Resources Management and Technology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Agriculture
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Forestry
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Management
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Physics
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Biology
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in General Nursing
- COSTAATT Associate Degree in Nutrition and Food Science
- Cipriani College Associate Degree in Security Administration and Management
- City and Guilds Electrical and Electronic Advanced Technician Diploma
- An Associate Degree in Science and/or Engineering from COSTAATT or Cipriani College
The next available intake is the January 2017 semester. The registration deadline is Saturday 7th January 2017.
To register for this programme visit the Centre for University of Greenwich at SBCS Champs Fleurs or San Fernando campus to verify your entry qualifications.
You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting any of the following options:
- Original Academic Certificates and Official Transcripts, or
- Official Transcript and Completion Letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
- Birth Certificate
In cases where official student transcripts are required for registration with SBCS, students must request their original transcript from the relevant examination body/educational institution and forward to:
Mr. Keston Chandler
Course Administrator II
SBCS – Global Learning Institute
53-54 Sagan Drive
Trinidad, West Indies
Providing that your entry qualifications are satisfactory you will be required to complete the following forms:
- University of Greenwich Application Form
- SBCS Registration Form
- GATE Application and Clearance Forms (for tuition funding – nationals only)
After completing the necessary forms, students will be required to make the relevant payment(s). After making payment(s), kindly present the receipt to the Course Administrator for your programme.
An acceptance letter is required to complete your EGATE application, please ensure that you are provided with one during the registration process.
The BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Programme is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), Europe’s leading body for health and safety professionals, which represents 27,000 members in over 50 countries. Graduates will be eligible to apply for graduate membership from IOSH. For further information, visit their website at http://www.iosh.co.uk/
Aims and Objectives
This programme aims to produce resourceful, competent professionals with a range of skills relevant to modern industry in the field of health and safety. It also aims to develop an understanding of the subject from a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective.
It is expected that students graduating with a BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment degree will, if already working in this field, be able to develop their career by demonstrating competency in the strategic management of health, safety and risk.
Other students who desire a career in this field will be able to improve their employment and career opportunities by demonstrating high quality health, safety and risk management knowledge and skills.
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
For students wishing to access GATE funding, the Ministry of Education (MOE) has implemented changes to their funding policy for all students. Students are now required to submit an online E-GATE application each semester for approval for funding.
Once your eligibility has been confirmed you would be required to visit any TTConnect location, to apply for credentials to begin the process.
Documents required included your original Birth Certificate, National ID or Passport and a valid email address.
After receiving your credentials from MOE, you will be required to log-in to the E-GATE to complete your application for funding.
More information regarding this process can be obtained from Course Administration.
These policies may change in July 2017. Students are advised to contact the Ministry of Education (MOE) for more details on the GATE policies for postgraduate funding.
SBCS is an Approved Learning Centre for all HSE programmes from the University of Greenwich.
- Semester 1: Jan 2017 – June 2017
- Semester 2: Jul 2017 – December 2017
- Semester 3: Jan 2018 – June 2018
- Semester 4: Jul 2018 – December 2018