The course will empower participants with skills to address important aspects of business operations including demand and capacity management, inventory control, addressing productivity through job design and motivation, and quality management. Students are taught how to establish maintenance programs that can predict failures as well as how to configure processes, layouts and technology to achieve an efficient and effective operation.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the role and activities of operations management
- Understand how Operations Strategy is linked to Business strategy and how to set operations Performance Objectives
- Determine whether to make or buy, and how to use competencies for determining outsourcing strategy
- Design the appropriate process and layout and select appropriate technology for operations
- Manage the operations planning and control process
- Practice effective capacity and demand management
- Use basic methods for Forecasting and Inventory Control
- Understand MRP, MRP II, ERP, JIT, lean manufacturing and their use and implications in Operations Management
- Understand the causes of asset failure and set up preventive maintenance programs
- Apply quality management principles and tools to ensure that goods and services provided meet and exceed specification.
Schedule and Cost
|Online||4-Jul-20||22-Aug-20||Sat||9:00am - 12:00pm||US$375.00 | TT$2,450.00|
- 24 Contact Hours
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
3. Payment of TT$2,450.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip or e-receipt to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt informing of such.
Once Corporate Training Centre verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.