The Certificate in Basic Installation (Residential) course is ideally suited for anyone who wants to learn the basics of electrical installation and to develop the technical skills required to undertake basic electrical maintenance in their homes.
Learning outcomes include:
- Differentiating between the various types and sizes of cables used in residential electrical installations and being able to select the appropriate cable for a particular application.
- Performing basic practical competencies in electrical installation including stripping of conductors, bending of conduits, installation of trunking, wiring of plugs and outlets.
- Interpreting various wiring schematic diagrams and connect simple lighting and power circuits such as one-way, two –way and intermediate switching circuits, distribution panel with receptacle outlets, photocell controlled lighting circuit.
- Identifying and applying various regulations as it applies to electrical installation and using the multi-meter tester to perform various circuit tests (polarity, continuity, voltage).
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Why study Electrical Installation at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|11-Jan-21||1-Mar-21||Mon||5:30pm-8:30pm||US$370 / TT$2,450|
US$370 / TT$2,450
US$370 / TT$2,450
|25-Oct-21||24-Jan-22||Mon||5:00pm-7:00pm||US$370 / TT$2,450|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice
You may also be interested in:
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs
Entry Requirement: Basic Mathematics and Science.
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,450.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5.