Implementing Solar Power Systems for Power Generation prepares participants for the Electronic Technicians Association (ETA) Photovoltaic Installer (PV) Level 1 examination and also covers many of the objectives of the NABCEP Associate PV certification. This course covers a broad range of information that is valuable to entry level PV installation, including system components, design considerations, environmental effects and site analysis. It also serves as a foundation for persons seeking further training and development in the solar industry.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand solar economics
- Identify system components and their functions.
- Describe basics of solar cells and modules.
- Describe types of PV systems.
- Apply electrical principles to PV Systems.
- Understand the use and operation of PV components.
- Conduct a site survey.
- Produce PV designs for a given application.
- Carry out installation of a PV system.
- Perform commissioning of a PV system.
- Testing and Troubleshooting a PV system.
The duration of this course is 40 contact hours.
Why study Photovoltaic Systems at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available.
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|09-Feb||06-Apr||Sat||9:00am - 2:00pm||$3,950|
|18-May||06-Jul||Sat||9:00am - 2:00pm||$3,950|
|13-Jul||07-Sep||Sat||9:00am - 2:00pm||$3,950|
|14-Sep||02-Nov||Sat||9:00am - 2:00pm||$3,950|
- The registration fee ($150) and ETA's exam fee (US$150) are not included in the price given
- All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
- Certificate in Three Phase Power & Plant Distribution
- Electric Motor Control
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
Entry Requirement: Knowledge of basic science would be an asset
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.