Implementing Solar Power Systems for Power Generation prepares participants for both the NABCEP Associate PV certification and the Electronic Technicians Association (ETA) Photovoltaic Installer (PV) Level 1 examination. This course covers the learning objectives of both certifications and required job tasks. A broad range of information that is valuable to entry level PV installation is taught. This includes system components, design considerations, components selection, operations and maintenance, environmental effects and site analysis. It also serves as a foundation for persons seeking further training and development in the solar or PV industry.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand solar economics
- Identify system components and their functions.
- Describe basics of solar cells and modules.
- Describe types of PV systems.
- Apply electrical principles to PV Systems.
- Understand the use and operation of PV components.
- Conduct a site survey.
- Produce PV designs for a given application.
- Carry out installation of a PV system.
- Perform commissioning of a PV system.
- Testing and Troubleshooting a PV system.
The duration of this course is 40 contact hours.
Why study Photovoltaic Systems at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available.
Blended - Online Classes plus Lab Sessions @ Champs Fleurs Campus
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|16-Jan-21||6-Mar-21||Sat||9:00am - 2:00pm||US$600 /TT$3,950|
|1-May-21||26-Jun-21||Sat||9:00am - 2:00pm||US$600 /TT$3,950|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- ETA's exam fee (US$150) are not included in the price given
You may also be interested in:
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
- Certificate in Three Phase Power & Plant Distribution
- Electric Motor Control
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs
Entry Requirement: Knowledge of basic science would be an asset
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$3,950.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 11092/3/5