Thinking about switching to a career in Health and Safety. Do you possess one of the following?
- A Bachelor's Degree
- An Associate Degree
- A Higher National Diploma
- An Advanced Diploma
If you possess one of the above in a non HSE field of study, you may be eligible for the Fundamentals of Health, Safety and Environment (FHSE) bridging programme offered through our online learning environment.
FHSE as a Bridging Programme or Short Course
FHSE can also be pursued as a short course for persons interested in gaining a basic understanding of health and safety. However only pre-approved applicants can progress to the degree programmes.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Completely online
- 3 months duration
- No exams. Assignment-based assessment
- Applicants with an Associate degree or equivalent qualification in a non-HSE discipline can pursue the University of Greenwich BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety Health and Environment (BSc OSHE) upon completion of the FHSE bridging programme.
- Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in a non-HSE discipline can pursue the University of Greenwich MSc Safety, Health and Environment/Occupational Hygiene (MSc SHE/OH) upon completion of the FHSE bridging programme.
Uncertain about your eligibility with your current qualification?
- This qualification can be earned in three (3) months.
Pearson’s Higher National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – HVAC)
City and Guilds Electrical and Electronic Advanced Technician Diploma
Any COSTAATT or Cipriani College Associate Degree in a Science and/or Engineering subject.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a Science and/or Engineering field of study
Any other Bachelor’s/Associate Degree – must be accompanied by a transcript
You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting any of the following options:
- Original Academic Certificates and Official Transcripts (with two copies of each), or
- Official Transcript and Completion Letter from the awarding educational institution.
- National ID or Passport
- Birth Certificate
In cases where official student transcripts must be requested from their relevant examination body/educational institution and please forward to:
Centre for University of Greenwich Programmes
SBCS Global Learning Institute
53-54 Sagan Drive
Trinidad, West Indies
At the end of the course, the student will:
- understand the importance of ensuring good occupational health, safety and welfare
- appreciate the mechanisms associated with accidents and ill-health in the workplace
- be able to identify hazards in the workplace and undertake a simple risk assessment
- be familiar with some of the more common health, safety and hygiene issues associated with the workplace
- appreciate and understand the application of the control measures available for workplace health, safety and hygiene risks