The Fundamentals of Health, Safety and Environment (FHSE) can be pursued as a short course for persons interested in gaining a basic understanding of health and safety or as a bridging programme to the BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety Health and Environment or the MSc Safety, Health and Environment/Occupational Hygiene from the University of Greenwich.
FHSE as a Bridging Programme
Thinking about switching to a career in Health and Safety. Do you possess one of the following?
- A Bachelor's Degree
- An Associate Degree
- A Higher National Diploma
- An Advanced Diploma
If you possess one of the above in a non HSE field of study, you may be eligible for the BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety Health and Environment or to the MSc Safety, Health and Environment/Occupational Hygiene after completing the Fundamentals of Health, Safety and Environment (FHSE) offered through our online learning environment.
- Applicants with an Associate degree or equivalent qualification in a non-HSE discipline can pursue the University of Greenwich BSc (Hons) Occupational Safety Health and Environment (BSc OSHE) upon completion of the FHSE bridging programme.
- Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in a non-HSE discipline can pursue the University of Greenwich MSc Safety, Health and Environment/Occupational Hygiene (MSc SHE/OH) upon completion of the FHSE bridging programme.
Email us at UOG-CF@sbcs.edu.tt to confirm your eligibility or call us directly at 663-7227 ext. 1253/4
FHSE as a Short Course
FHSE can also be pursued as a short course for persons interested in gaining a basic understanding of health and safety.
Highlights at a glance -
- Completely online
- 3 months duration
- No exams. Assignment-based assessments
- This qualification can be earned in three (3) months.
Pearson’s Higher National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – HVAC)
City and Guilds Electrical and Electronic Advanced Technician Diploma
Any COSTAATT or Cipriani College Associate Degree in a Science and/or Engineering subject.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a Science and/or Engineering field of study
Any other Bachelor’s/Associate Degree – must be accompanied by a transcript
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Original certificates or official transcripts and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
You must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete your registration form here.
Step 3 – Make payment. Payment options can be found here: http://www.sbcs.edu.tt/covid-19/online-payments/.
* We also accept online credit card payments via WiPay. If you would like to make your payment via credit card please email us at email@example.com indicating such and a payment link will be provided.
Step 4 – To complete your registration after making your payment please send payment confirmation using this form: http://www.sbcs.edu.tt/online-payment-update-notification/
At the end of the course, the student will:
- understand the importance of ensuring good occupational health, safety and welfare
- appreciate the mechanisms associated with accidents and ill-health in the workplace
- be able to identify hazards in the workplace and undertake a simple risk assessment
- be familiar with some of the more common health, safety and hygiene issues associated with the workplace
- appreciate and understand the application of the control measures available for workplace health, safety and hygiene risks