Introduction to the Fundamentals of Agro-Processing and Food Science (Creating a Quality Product) is designed for individuals interested in the field of Agro-processing but lacks the training, confidence and support to create their product. This course will enable the student to become a creative, critical thinker in the field of Agro Processing with the fundamental understanding of food science. Students will be guided with the necessary teachings that aid in their holistic development to operationalize a successful Entrepreneurial mindset.
Students will learn how to exploit the economic revenue opportunities that Agro-processing has to offer. Transform your kitchen into an Agro-processing facility that would have the potential to grow your business. The foundation of food science will build the confidence to take risk and explore the inevitable possibilities.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the concept of Agro-Processing and Value Addition
- Identify the opportunities in Agro-Processing (home base)
- Utilize the versatility of kitchen tools and equipment for Agro-Processing
- Understand food safety and methods of preservation
- Understand the concept of hygiene and sanitation
- Understand the fundamental requirements to create a final product, step by step
- Understand the requirements for an Agro-Processed product ready for the market
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an Agro-Processor that is legally food compliant
- Concept of Hygiene and Sanitation. HACCP and Risk Analysis.
- Principles of Food Microbiology and Shelf life
- Identify resources and opportunities available to create an Agro-Processed product
- Explore the current channels to access funding and product development
Schedule and cost:
- Payment Plans are available
Blended - Online Classes plus Practical Sessions in our Culinary Facility @ Champs Fleurs Campus
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|18-May-22||6-Jul-22||Wed||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$300/ TT$1950|
|10-Aug-22||5-Oct-22||Wed||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$300/ TT$1950|
|2-Nov-22||21-Dec-22||Wed||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$300/ TT$1950|
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$1,950.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here