The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) programme will develop students into highly trained, competent professionals, who are able to meet the demands of employers in the various engineering sectors. This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Matriculation to HND (Engineering) programme and are interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree programme.
Why choose the HND in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of an undergraduate degree programme such as the University of Greenwich BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering programme.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Mechanical Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
To view our photo gallery please click here.
Registration is currently OPEN until 10 February 2018.
- Alumni Special: Alumni and immediate family get 30% off registration fees for the first year of study i.e. three (3) semesters.
- Group Plans: Get 25% off the registration fee for the first semester for two 2 persons. Rate increases by 5% for each additional person.
|SBCS Registration Fee|
First semester: TT$1,000
Remaining semesters: TT($850 each)
|Payable upon registration every semester (for 6 semesters)|
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
|Total Tuition Fee over 2 years: TT$35,200|
|BTEC Registration Fee|
£450 (one-time payment)
|Payable by: March 1st 2018|
|BTEC Annual Fee||£20 (per year)||Payable each year from Year 2|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- 6 semesters over 2.5 years
- Champs Fleurs
To be eligible for entry to the programme you should be 18 years and over and have at least one of the following:
- Matriculation to HND (Engineering) from SBCS
- 2 CAPE or A-level subjects.
- Successful completion of an appropriate Technician Diploma from City & Guilds, UTT, COSTAATT, NEC or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant work experience (Resume and Job Letter required)
To register for this programme, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies of each
- A detailed Resume and/ or Job Letter
The main aims of the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in mechanical engineering by providing them with the core knowledge, skills and techniques required.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment within the mechanical engineering sector.
- Provide students with the flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.