The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) programme will develop students into highly trained, competent professionals, who are able to meet the demands of employers in the various engineering sectors. This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology programme and are interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree programme.
Why choose the HND in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of an undergraduate degree BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (subject to approval).
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Mechanical Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
To view our photo gallery please click here.
Schedule & Fees
The next intake is in January 2020. Registration is OPEN.
Early Bird Offer valid until 14 December:
- Save 50% off the registration fee for the first semester
|SBCS Registration Fee|
TT$850 each semester
|Payable upon registration every semester (for 6 semesters)|
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
|Total Tuition Fee over 2 years: TT$35,200|
|BTEC Registration and Annual Fees|
Payable by: February 15, 2020
Payment covers 2 years. Additional £20 for subsequent years.
Due upon registration
Payment covers 2 years
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- 6 semesters over 2.5 years
- Champs Fleurs
To be eligible for entry to the programme you should be 18 years and over and have at least one of the following:
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology from SBCS
- 2 CAPE or A-level subjects.
- Successful completion of an appropriate Technician Diploma from City & Guilds, UTT, COSTAATT, NEC or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant work experience (Resume and Job Letter required)
To register for this programme, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies of each
- A detailed Resume and/ or Job Letter
The main aims of the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in mechanical engineering by providing them with the core knowledge, skills and techniques required.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment within the mechanical engineering sector.
- Provide students with the flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.