The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) programme will develop students into highly trained, competent professionals, who are able to meet the demands of employers in the various engineering sectors. This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology programme and are interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree programme.
Why choose the HND in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of an undergraduate degree BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Mechanical Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
To view our photo gallery please click here.
Schedule & Fees
The next intake for this offering will be in September 2021. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is September 10th 2021.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief
|SBCS Registration Fee|
TT$850 each semester
|Payable upon registration every semester (for 6 semesters)|
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
|Total Tuition Fee over 2 years: TT$35,200|
|BTEC Registration and Annual Fees|
Payable by: Nov 30, 2020
Payment covers 2 years. Additional £20 for subsequent years.
Due upon registration
Payment covers 2 years
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- 6 semesters over 2.5 years
- Champs Fleurs
To be eligible for entry to the programme you should be 18 years and over and have at least one of the following:
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology from SBCS
- 2 CAPE or A-level subjects.
- Successful completion of an appropriate Technician Diploma from City & Guilds, COSTAATT or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant work experience (Resume and Job Letter required)
The next intake for this offering will be in September 2021. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is September 10th 2021. For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
- Original certificate and transcript or official transcript and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
- For students with qualifications more than five years old, a resume listing positions held and key responsibilities will be also required.
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Step 3 – Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 4 –WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering
The main aims of the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in mechanical engineering by providing them with the core knowledge, skills and techniques required.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment within the mechanical engineering sector.
- Provide students with the flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.