A Practical Approach to Basic Home Repairs – Utilities (Electrical, Plumbing, Air Conditioning) will provide individuals with the technical and practical knowledge to carry out basic home repairs involving the electrical, plumbing and air conditioning systems.
Some of the areas covered in this unit include basic maintenance of common electrical fixtures and devices, installing and maintaining simple systems of hot and cold water supply (water closets, sinks, taps, showers, heaters, and pumps) and performing routine maintenance of split unit air conditioning systems.
This course is ideally suited for homeowners, or anyone who would like to learn how to carry out basic home repairs especially DIY enthusiasts.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Maintain Electrical Systems - includes information on equioment, some practical applications as well as testing of systems
- Maintain Plumbing Systems - identify and use various equipment and materials as well as install water supply, drain and waste systems
- Maintain Air Conditioning Systems - learn the various components of a unit as well as practical applications
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Learners have access to a fully equipped workshop to carry out various maintenance tasks
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered part time, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
US$370 / TT$2,450
US$370 / TT$2,450
US$370 / TT$2,450
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2021 Short Course Schedule.
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,450.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5.