This practical Professional Certificate in Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles provides participants with theoretical knowledge on vehicle electrification, as well as the practical skills needed to service Hybrid Electric Vehicles / Electric Vehicles (HEV/EV), with a focus on HEVs. Practical sessions will include the use of test instruments and stripped down HEV/EV components. Emphasis will be placed on safety in working with HEV/EVs.
This course prepares you for the following professional certifications in Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles from the Institute of Motor Industries (IMI UK)*:
- IMI International L1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness
- IMI International L2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
Note that SBCS Global Learning Institute is an IMI Approved Centre.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand how hybrid vehicles operate
- Learn how to work safely around hybrid & electric vehicles
- Understand electrical / electronics and how it applies to HEV/EV vehicles
- Understand the high voltage powertrain operation
- Understand how the HEV brake system functions
- Safely remove, repair and replace high voltage battery packs
- Perform hybrid preventive maintenance and service
Why study Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 75% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on weekends, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
- High Voltage Electrical Gloves included
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|9-Jan-21||6-Mar-21||Sat||9:00am - 12:00pm|
US$1,000 / TT$6,500
|7-Feb-21||4-Apr-21||Sun||9:00am - 12:00pm||US$1,000 / TT$6,500|
|27-Mar-21||22-May-21||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||US$1,000 / TT$6,500|
|12-Apr-21||14-Jun-21||Mon||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$1,000 / TT$6,500|
|9-May-21||11-Jul-21||Sun||9:00am - 12:00pm||US$1,000 / TT$6,500|
|26-Jun-21||21-Aug-21||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||US$1,000 / TT$6,500|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- There are limited spaces in each class
- The prices quoted do not include exam fees for the certification exams
You may also be interested in:
- Champs Fleurs
Basic automotive knowledge
- Administration fee: $500
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$6,500.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 11092/3/5