This practical Professional Certificate in Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles provides participants with theoretical knowledge on vehicle electrification, as well as the practical skills needed to service Hybrid Electric Vehicles / Electric Vehicles (HEV/EV), with a focus on HEVs. Practical sessions will include the use of test instruments and stripped down HEV/EV components. Emphasis will be placed on safety in working with HEV/EVs.
This course prepares you for the following professional certifications in Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles from the Institute of Motor Industries (IMI UK)*:
- IMI International L1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness
- IMI International L2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
Note that SBCS Global Learning Institute is an IMI Approved Centre.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand how hybrid vehicles operate
- Learn how to work safely around hybrid & electric vehicles
- Understand electrical / electronics and how it applies to HEV/EV vehicles
- Understand the high voltage powertrain operation
- Understand how the HEV brake system functions
- Safely remove, repair and replace high voltage battery packs
- Perform hybrid preventive maintenance and service
Why study Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 75% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on weekends, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
- High Voltage Electrical Gloves included
SCHEDULE & FEES
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|15-Sep-19||10-Nov-19||Sun||9:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon||$6,500 tuition; $500 registration|
|19-Oct-19||7-Dec-19||Sat||2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||$6,500 tuition; $500 registration|
- Payment Plans are available
- There are limited spaces in each class
- The prices quoted do not include exam fees for the certification exams
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- Champs Fleurs