This practical Professional Certificate in Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles provides participants with theoretical knowledge on vehicle electrification, as well as the practical skills needed to service Hybrid Electric Vehicles / Electric Vehicles (HEV/EV), with a focus on HEVs. Practical sessions will include the use of test instruments and stripped down HEV/EV components. Emphasis will be placed on safety in working with HEV/EVs.
This course prepares you for the following professional certifications in Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles from the Institute of Motor Industries (IMI UK)*:
- IMI International L1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness
- IMI International L2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
Note that SBCS Global Learning Institute is an IMI Approved Centre.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand how hybrid vehicles operate
- Learn how to work safely around hybrid & electric vehicles
- Understand electrical / electronics and how it applies to HEV/EV vehicles
- Understand the high voltage powertrain operation
- Understand how the HEV brake system functions
- Safely remove, repair and replace high voltage battery packs
- Perform hybrid preventive maintenance and service
Why study Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 75% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on weekends, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
- High Voltage Electrical Gloves included
SCHEDULE & FEES
No schedule is available at this time. Please contact us for if you require additional information.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- Payment Plans are available
- There are limited spaces in each class
- The prices quoted do not include exam fees for the certification exams
You may also be interested in:
- Champs Fleurs
Basic automotive knowledge
- Administration fee: $500 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
3. Payment of TT$6,500.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 11092/3/9
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here