One of the issues that exist within the local construction industry is that while there might be the technical know-how in the area of construction practice, many times there is a lack of understanding in project management practices or theories. This tends to have a negative impact on the successful implementation of local construction projects. This course attempts to fill the knowledge gap that exists within various facets of the local construction industry.
This course will provide an understanding and an appreciation of the key tools, techniques and outputs associated with managing construction projects from start-up to close-out. The course will provide an overview of the steps in the overall project management process and will also provide an understanding of key project management tools and techniques. The course will provide a rich combination of both:
- Theory & Practice
- Case Study and Real Life examples
- Lectures and Class Dialogue
- Individual and Group Work
The target audience includes, but is not limited to stakeholders in the Engineering & Construction Industry, who would want an understanding and appreciation of the steps in the overall project management process, an overview of key project management tools and techniques that are used to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close-out of the project.
- Project Sponsors
- Project Managers & Members of Project Teams
- Small & Medium Contractors
- Construction Consultants
- Project HSE & QA/QC Personnel
- Construction Managers and Supervisors
Schedule & Fees
|Online||26-Apr-22||21-Jun-22||Tues||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm||TT$1,925.00 | US$295.00|
Information subject to change without prior notice.
See our 2022 training schedule below:
- 24 Contact Hours
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: If you wish to access any of our payment plan options, kindly forward an email to email@example.com .
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Step 2: Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
Option 1: PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
Option 2: WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Option 3: Payment of TT$1,925.00 can be made via Direct deposit / online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days of the course start date.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt or WhatsApp us at 769-5596
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of using a sound project management approach to manage projects
- Identify the overall framework of projects and project management
- Employ the language, terms and concepts in project management
- Apply project management tools, techniques and methodologies