This course provides individuals with a demonstrated understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology as defined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition.
Participants who intend to pursue the CAPM® exam must be aware of the eligibility criteria established by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
The major outcome of the CAPM® course is for the student to demonstrate his/her practical and theoretical understanding of PMI's terminology and processes that make for effective project management, but equally pertinent - to pass the relevant examination.
PMI, CAPM, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to understand the following areas and the impact each area has on projects:
- The project management framework/context.
a. What is a project, program, portfolio.
b. Project Management Office.
c. Operations vs. Projects.
d. Project Life Cycle.
e. OPA and EEF.
f. Project Management Information Systems.
- Project Management Process Groups.
- Project Management Knowledge Areas (inputs and outputs).
- PMI’s Project Management Tools and Techniques.
- The professional responsibility of a project manager – code of ethics.
Schedule and cost:
Tuesdays (6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) &
Sundays (8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)
Registration details are provided below.
- 30 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
CAPM® Eligibility Requirements:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma or the global equivalent).
- At least 1,500 hours of project experience.
3. 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.
For complete details regarding the CAPM® eligibility requirements, please view the CAPM handbook for further details.
If you wish to register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
- PayPal – Please click the “Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
- Payment of TT$2,450.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt informing of such.
Once Corporate Training Centre verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
- Visit the Advisory and Admissions department at any of our three campuses (Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity) to register.
Our office hours (excluding public holidays) are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt or call 663-7227 extensions 1110-1113.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
Kindly note that becoming CAPM® Certified, depends upon the student’s successful completion of an examination, which is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This exam cost is not included in our tuition fees.
The examination can be administered under Computer-Based Testing (CBT) at the Pearson Vue Test Centre.
The Testing Centre is located at: SBCS Champs Fleurs Campus
53-54 Sagan Drive
PMI and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.