THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP®) IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED CERTIFICATION FOR PROJECT MANAGERS.
You can find PMPs leading projects in nearly every country, and unlike other certifications that focus on a particular geography or domain, the PMP® is truly global. As a PMP, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology and in any location.
This is an advanced course designed for persons with at least three years of project management experience, during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing projects.
This course will provide participants with the required knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide, Sixth Edition), as well as supporting knowledge, skill practice and a simulated mock exam towards the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification exam.
PMI, CAPM, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to understand the following areas and the impact each area has on projects:
- Enhance the competencies required for a project manager to perform in the real world
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of project management
- Describe the 49 project management processes within the respective 10 knowledge areas as stated in the PMBOK® Guide, Sixth Edition
- Solve simulated PMP® examination questions under exam-type conditions
- Demonstrate skills in project planning using project management templates.
- Be familiar with all the concepts embedded in the PMBOK® Guide
- Build skills in soft skills required for a project manager to include communications, leading, negotiations and conflict management
- Build strong knowledge and compliance to professional responsibility and ethics
- Develop baseline knowledge for further work in preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam
Schedule and cost:
|Online||31-Mar-20||25-Jun-20||Tuesdays (6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) and Thursdays (6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.)||US$700.00/TT$4,900.00|
Registration details are provided below.
- 40 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
PMP® Eligibility Requirements:
To apply for the PMP, you should have the following pre-requisites:
• A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global
equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500
hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management
• A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) and at least three
years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing
projects and 35 hours of project management education.
To learn more please access the PMP® Handbook which contains vital information about the PMP credential and PMI’s policies and procedures for obtaining and maintaining the credential. PMI requires that all PMP Applicants read this entire book.
If you wish to register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
- PayPal – Please click the “Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
- Payment of TT$4,900.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt informing of such.
Once Corporate Training Centre verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
- Visit the Advisory and Admissions department at any of our three campuses (Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity) to register.
Our office hours (excluding public holidays) are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt or call 663-7227 extensions 1110-1113.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
Kindly note that becoming PMP® Certified, depends upon the student’s successful completion of an examination, which is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This exam cost is not included in our tuition fees.
Please be advised that PMP examinations will be held at the Pearson VUE Testing Centre at the SBCS Champs Fleurs campus.
Update on Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Change
In June 2019, PMI announced a significant change to the PMP certification exam.
The last day for candidates to take the current version of the PMP exam is now 30 June 2020.
Starting 1 July 2020, the PMP exam will reflect the new exam content.
PMI and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.