Training in Paediatric First Aid for Parents, Guardians, Teachers and Carers is offered in collaboration with ABC Paediatrics. The course is facilitated by two qualified and experienced paediatricians, Dr. Tricia Jailal and Dr. Sarah McCartney.
Paediatric First Aid is an essential skill set that parents, guardians, teachers and caregivers should possess when interacting with babies and children on a day to day basis. This course will equip participants with simple lifesaving skills. Participants will gain relevant knowledge of common paediatric presentations including acute, urgent and life threatening situations. Prompt recognition and early implementation of management strategies can reduce worsening outcomes and potentially save a child’s life.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Implement changes to prevent adverse events from occurring
- Gain the confidence and knowledge to assess situations quickly and efficiently
- Perform CPR on babies and children
- Care for a child who is unconscious, choking, injured, bleeding or drowning
- Care for medical conditions such as asthma, seizures, allergic reactions, nosebleeds and the common cold
- Recognise red flags of abuse
Schedule and cost:
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|15-Feb-22||29-Mar-22||Tue||5:30pm - 8:00pm||US$230 / TT$1500|
|6-Sep-22||18-Oct-22||Tue||5:30pm - 8:00pm||US$230 / TT$1500|
|8-Nov-22||20-Dec-22||Tue||5:30pm - 8:00pm||US$230 / TT$1500|
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$1,500.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here