The Programmable Logic Controllers course is ideally suited for electricians, engineers, technicians and maintenance personnel. This course provides basic technical skills and knowledge necessary to work with electrical control systems typically found in an industrial environment. It investigates the operation of various control systems using discrete and analogue control devices.
Knowledge of PLCs is a real asset to employers in many industries and commercial enterprises where automatic controls are employed. It is invaluable if you are venturing into the process control field.
Learning outcomes include:
- Describe PLCs and details of their development and construction
- Describe Relay Logic and its application to industry
- Use Zeliologic software implementation of ladder logic to demonstrate PLC program design and simulation
- Design ladder logic programs of common real world control applications.
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Why study Programmable Logic Controllers at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You might also be interested in:
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
Entry Requirement: Basic knowledge of Computers and Microsoft Windows software
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.