The Professional Certificate in Events Management seeks to pair passion and interest in event management with that of the critical tools of strategic planning, detail orientation, delegation and solution orientation. Learners will develop their understanding of the five steps of the event management model and how to apply this in planning a successful event. They will also understand the importance of positioning their event brand through marketing, networking and their work standard. This step by step approach will cover all details of event planning including: budget management, venue selection, supplier contract management, programme planning, evaluation, etc.
This programme will marry event management theory with a practical/ hands-on approach that confidently transforms the learner into an event leader.
The Event Management certificate is an ideal fit, if you are:
- Seeking to begin a professional career or business in events, communications, marketing, travel, sports, entertainment or any other industry that requires event planning;
- Responsible for event management through volunteerism, work assignments, church or personal;
- Looking to enhance your professional skill set.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cost|
|05-Sep-2020||24-Oct-2020||Sat||9:00am - 12:00pm||$2,450.00|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 12 contact hours
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration.
- Registration for all Short Media courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Trincity or San Fernando Campuses.
- Payment of fees can be made by LINX, credit card or cheque.
- An administration fee of $150.00 is payable on all registrations.
- A late fee of $25 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
- Administrative and late fees do not apply to registrations for seminars.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by the lecturer.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the core elements that create a successful event
- Plan successful events of their own
- Assess risk when planning their events and find immediate solutions
- Become more confident when leading an event team
- Understand the importance of pairing the right marketing strategies with the right events
- Understand venue selection, programme planning and managing client expectations