This course enables participants to demonstrate an understanding of purchasing as it evolved through the years to procurement and supply management. Participants will develop an understanding of the driving forces behind this evolution and of the current role and expected outcomes of procurement in the organizational setting. The need for, and the nature and importance of the governance of the function through policies, procedures and standards of ethical behaviour will also be addressed. The course then takes participants through some of the specialized tools and techniques as well as through some key areas such as supplier selection, negotiating, the legal framework and international purchasing. This unit will provide learners with the ability to develop an understanding of the purchasing process and the various activities that form part of the process; with special emphasis on the ethical standards required.
The course is designed for purchasing managers, marketing and sales managers, materials and logistics officers, buyers and management personnel involved in purchasing decisions. It is particularly suited for persons looking to buy from low cost countries.
Related Procurement and Supply programmes:
- 18 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity
- All information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registering.
- Registration for all Corporate Training Courses can be done at any of our four (4) campus locations.
- Payment of fees can be made by linx, credit card or cheque as SBCS implemented a CASH FREE policy.
- An administration fee of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) is payable on all registrations except Seminars. There is no administration fee in respect to Seminars.
- A late fee of twenty five dollars ($25.00) will apply on registrations within one (1) week of commencement of class.
- A Certificate of Participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying one hundred percent (100%) attendance of classes and/or any exam or course work assigned by the lecturer.