Purchasing with Business Ethics for Business Professionals enables participants to demonstrate an understanding of purchasing as it evolved through the years to procurement and supply management. Participants will develop an understanding of the driving forces behind this evolution and of the current role and expected outcomes of procurement in the organisational setting.
This course is designed for those new to purchasing, as well as for veteran professionals looking for a refresher course to reinforce existing skills. It will also be of interest to persons who have to interact with the purchasing department as part of the purchasing process in an organization.
Schedule & Fees
|ONLINE||10-Jun-20||15-Jul-20||Wed||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$285/TT$1,850.00|
|Champs Fleurs||3-Oct-20||7-Nov-20||Sat||9:00am - 12:00pm||TT$2,000.00|
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
Related Procurement and Supply programmes:
- 18 Contact Hours
- Champs Fleurs
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Payment of TT$1,850.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip or e-receipt to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt and firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the body of the email:
Type of payment: Tuition and Registration Fees
Upon receipt of your email, an SBCS representative will confirm receipt and once the funds have been credited to our account, you will be notified of same and you will receive instructions on accessing your online sessions in a subsequent email.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the evolution of purchasing from a clerical function to strategic procurement and supply management
- Understand the principles and procedures for the effective operations and governance of the function
- Know the main ethical challenges and the code of behaviour to be followed to overcome them
- Understand the basics of negotiating and the importance of negotiations in supply management
- Understand the legal framework within which purchasing operates
- Become familiar with some of the tools and techniques used in purchasing
- Become familiar with the key aspects of supplier selection and international purchasing