CompTIA Security+ is the benchmark for best practices in IT security. This certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
Learning outcomes include:
- Identifying fundamental concepts of computer security, security threats and vulnerabilities
- Describing network security
- Implementing managing applications, data, and host security
- Describing access control, authentication, account management and compliance & operational security
- Performing basic risk management
- Managing security incidents
- Describing business continuity and disaster recovery planning
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Why Study Security+ with SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- The course is practical. All sessions are held in a lab.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same hardware and software that you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a Saturday basis at two locations, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Sufficient contact hours to cover the full syllabus and prepare participants for the CompTIA exam.
- CompTIA exams can be written at your convenience at our Champs Fleurs campus through our testing center.
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available
There are no schedules in Champs Fleurs at this time.
There are no schedules in San Fernando at this time
Package Prices available for:
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- 5 weeks
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
The CompTIA Security+ SYO-401 module is taught in this programme.
- Online via Pearson Vue.
Persons registering online would need to:
- Visit Pearson Vue
- Sign in or create an account
- Follow the steps provided on the website to register for the exam