This course is designed to provide the participant with a basic understanding of the taxation legislation and practice in Trinidad and Tobago. The requirements and guidelines for income, corporation and value-added tax returns will be examined including computations, return preparation and other statutory compliance.
This programme is designed for individuals who are in the financial advisory services industry, business students, financial assistants and others interested in pursuing a course of study in taxation in the Trinidad and Tobago environment.
Schedule & Fees
|ONLINE||6-Apr-21||18-May-21||Tue||5:30 pm – 8:30 pm||US$295.00 | TT$1,925.00|
Information subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 24 Contact Hours
Interested persons must have basic computerized spreadsheet skills.
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: If you wish to access any of our payment plan options, kindly forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Step 2: Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
Option 1: PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
Option 2: WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Option 3: Payment of TT$1,925.00 can be made via Direct deposit / online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 3: Complete the Online Payment Update / Notification form – Please ensure a copy of the deposit slip / transaction slip / e-receipt is included when submitting your information.
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days of the course start date.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
On the completion of this course learners should:
- Know the relevant elements of the income, corporations and value-added tax legislation.
- Be able to identify, classify and compute income from employment and business.
- Be able to compute individual income, corporate tax and value-added tax liabilities.
- Know how to prepare individual income tax returns.
- Know how to prepare corporation tax returns.
- Know how to prepare value-added tax returns.
- Understand the additional requirements of non-resident employees and entities.