A Practical Certificate in Welding 101 will introduce individuals to various welding techniques by providing the technical and practical knowledge required to carry out basic welding using various processes such as Manual Metal Arc (Stick) welding, Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding and Oxy/Fuel welding.
This course will be delivered through a combination of classroom theory and practical activities in our fully equipped welding workshop.
This course is ideally suited for anyone who is new to welding and would like to learn the basics. It will provide you with the skills to complete that small fabrication or repair project and will lay the foundation for progression to more intermediate and advanced training and certification in welding.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Perform basic welding using the Manual Metal Arc Welding process (MMAW)
- Perform basic welding using the Manual Inert Gas Welding process (MIG)
- Perform basic welding using the Oxyacetylene (Oxy/Fuel) Welding process (OAW)
- Assemble/Fabricate basic components
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Learners have access to a fully equipped welding workshop to carry out various maintenance tasks
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered part time, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|23-Jan-21||27-Mar-21||Sat||9:30am - 12:30pm|
US$460 / TT$3,000 Registration CLOSED
|29-May-21||28-Aug-21||Sat||9:30am - 12:30pm|
US$460 / TT$3,000
|18-Sep-21||20-Nov-21||Sat||9:30am - 12:30pm|
US$460 / TT$3,000
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2021 Short Course Schedule.
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$3,000.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5.