This course will help you understand the theories, issues and tools of leadership. At course end, you will not only put yourself in a position to lead, you’ll have the tools at your disposal to develop leadership in your organisation.
- 45-60 Contact Hours
- Learning about leadership.
- Trait theory of leadership.
- Behaviour theory of leadership: what do effective leaders do?
- Transformational theory of leadership: engaging hearts and minds.
- Leadership: a cultural construction?
- Gender and leadership.
- Developing ethical behaviour in our leaders.
- Leading individuals and teams: two distinct roles.
- Leadership across the larger organisation.
- Leadership development in a fast-changing world.
- The development of leadership: tools and practices.
- Strategic leadership.
- Leadership and risk.
- How is leadership studied?
- A critical look at leadership.
- The way forward: our learning and the application of our knowledge of leadership.