This unit aims to help the learner understand how to construct static and dynamic websites and how to create usable web pages.
It is designed for those seeking to develop a career in computing and information systems. It equips learners with the knowledge and skills required for web development, focussing on the use of HTML and CSS to define usable web pages. Learners will also study how dynamic websites operate as well as the practical steps of deployment required to setup and configure a web server.
After successfully completing this unit, the learner will:
1. Analyse the structure of URLs and their role in HTTP and the DNS
2. Apply HTML and CSS to the definition of static web pages
3. Analyse how web servers and web browsers construct dynamic websites
4. Evaluate how usability inspection methods are used to design usable websites
5. Analyse the process of setting up and configuring a web server