- This course is offered in 60 hours
On completing this course successfully you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear and critical understanding of a User Centred Design (UCD) development methodology and question its principles and boundaries.
- Appreciate the importance of gathering user requirements and the impact of these on site design.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of current trends in Web based interface design and user experience.
- Appreciate how the web can be used to communicate clearly and effectively with different audiences.
- Develop database connectivity for Web based applications using a variety of technologies, specifically PHP and MySQL.
The User Centred Design (UCD) Methodology.
Requirements Gathering and Information Architecture.
Web usability, accessibility and interface design for users from diverse backgrounds.
HTML and CSS.
CSS based layouts and frameworks.
Developing server side applications using PHP.
Developing database-driven web sites using PHP and MySQL.
Evaluation, testing and promotion of web based applications taking account of different audiences.
In the lectures, students will be introduced to the technical and methodological concepts needed for the development of Web based applications. In lab sessions, students will learn how to develop web-based applications by completing a set of tutorials.
Coursework – 100%
Pass Mark – 50%
- MSc. Information Systems Management
This Masters degree is offered by SBCS in collaboration with the University of Greenwich.