Certificate in Automotive Maintenance (Auto Electrical Repairs - Level 1) is designed for persons interested in automotive maintenance. This unit will focus on the principles of automotive electrical and electronic systems, their operation, diagnosis and repairs with emphasis being placed on the use of equipment and tools to diagnose engine performance and the technical training required to complete repairs in line with the manufacturer specifications.
In order to ensure that the learner fully understands the concepts relating to automotive maintenance, the course content was structured to maximize the contact hours allocated for practical work. Currently 80% of the course involves hands on, practical training.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Automotive Electrical and Electronic Systems.
- Carry out tests and repairs to the vehicle Ignition and starting systems.
- Carry out tests and repairs to the vehicle battery and charging systems.
- Use a scan tool to carry out system diagnosis and repairs.
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Please click here to view the full course outline.
Why study Automotive Maintenance at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available.
|5:30pm - 8:30pm
US$450 / TT$2,950 Registration CLOSED
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- Certificate in Automotive Maintenance (Engine Repairs - Levels 1)
- Professional Certificate: Servicing and Repairing Hybrid & Electric Vehicles – A Practical Approach
- Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology (CSEC, CXC graduates)
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
- Certificate in Plumbing Technology
- 10 weeks
- Champs Fleurs
Basic knowledge of Electrical and Electronics
Target Audience: This course is ideally suited for persons interested in automotive maintenance would like to become a qualified mechanic specializing in Auto-Electrical repairs.
- Administration fee: US$23 / TT$150
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,950.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/4/5.