Broadcasting is the distribution of audio and/or video content or other messages to a dispersed audience via any electronic mass communications medium, but typically one using the radio.
This course enables participants to demonstrate an understanding of Broadcast News and its associated processes and strategies. Learners will be able to effectively formulate fact driven and creative stories which are geared towards helping the citizenry to make informed decisions. Students will gain insight into research and interview techniques, script writing and presenting skills.
This course is ideally suited for persons interested in entering the field of Journalism, Presenting for TV, Radio and Podcasts, Public Relations and Communications. It will also assist those interested in developing their Public Speaking Skills and Interviewing Techniques.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient online class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday online, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
The duration of this course is 18 contact hours.
- Payment Plans are available
SCHEDULE & FEES
Mode of Delivery
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
US $230 / TT$1500
- Champs Fleurs
No entry requirements.
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$1,500.00 can be made via a direct or in bank deposit as directed here.
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CMCD verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to Centre for Media, Communication & Design (CMCD) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extension 1041 – 1043.
On the completion of this programme, participants should:-
- Identify key elements of Broadcast News
- Prepare news reports and features
- Demonstrate their ability to work in groups to prepare oral presentations
- Conduct effective interviews and host programmes
- Understand the Broadcast News production process
- Effectively Present News, Features or Host a Talk show
- Be able to animate/key frame video and audio effects