Offered in collaboration with City & Guilds, this qualification is the first step to your career in hospitality and is a new globally developed certification for this industry. It offers applicants the opportunity to be exposed to a merger of current industry practices and course content that reflect global hospitality standards. Covering transferable skills, this qualification will ensure that a student is exposed to job role-specific skills, set out by employers, offering a holistic approach to training learners to be work ready.
It is also part of City and Guild’s innovative approach that a digital badge is included as a key feature of their new qualifications. Learners who successfully complete this qualification will receive a digital badge in addition to their City & Guilds certificate. This can be displayed online via social media showcasing their qualification achievement and the skills they can offer.
This City & Guilds qualification is guaranteed to qualify the successful achiever for the hospitality industry and ensure graduates are ready for work.
The Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service programme was designed by City and Guilds of London.
Certificates will be issued by City and Guilds.
Why Study Food and Beverage Service at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Training is delivered from a licensed training provider whose processes and procedures have been quality assured by a global leader in skills development, City & Guilds of London.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was designed by City & Guilds to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Course is will involve hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Modern, fully equipped lab. Learn using the same environment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
The next intake for this offering will be in January 2023.
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief
Mode of classes
- Blended Learning - Theory (online), Practicals (in-person sessions)
- Part Time (Evenings/Saturdays)
|SBCS Registration Fee|
|Payable upon registration|
|C&G Registration Fee|
€ 141 (one-time payment)
|Payable by: January 27, 2023|
|Examination Fee||TT$500 (per exam)|
Total Examination Fee = TT$1500
Payable by: TBA
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Additional programmes of interest :
- 1 Year
- Champs Fleurs
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
CSEC English and Maths will be an asset.
The next intake for this offering will be in January 2023. Registration is currently open.
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to CUBP@sbcs.edu.tt
- Original certificate and transcript or official transcript and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Step 3 – Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 4 –WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Undergraduate Business Programmes indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Undergraduate Business Programmes
- 201 Understand the hospitality industry
- 202 Understand business success
- 203 Provide guest service
- 204 Awareness of sustainability in the hospitality industry
- 205 Professional workplace standards
- 206 Understand own role in self-development
- 207 Food safety
- 221 Menu knowledge
- 222 Deliver food and beverage service
- 223 Prepare beverages for service
- 224 Product knowledge for hot, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages