The Electricity and Electronics course is ideally suited for learners seeking to understand what electronics is all about and to develop the basic skills and knowledge to apply to troubleshoot electronic systems.
This course provides an overview of the fundamental technical knowledge of electricity and electronics and provides a basis for further study. Concepts of electric current flow, circuit calculations, alternating current versus direct current theories, transformers and semi-conductor design and use are emphasized throughout this course.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the concept of Electricity and identifying the various effects of electric current flow.
- Performing simple circuit calculations involving ohm’s law in series and parallel resistive circuits.
- Understanding the operation of resistors, capacitors and inductors in electrical and electronic circuits.
- Differentiating between alternating current and direct current in a circuit.
- Understanding the principle of operation of transformers.
- Understanding semiconductors and semiconducting components such as diodes and transistors.
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Please click here to view the full course outline.
Why study Electricity and Electronics at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|28-Jan-23||18-Mar-23||Sat||9:00am - 12:00pm||US$300 / TT$1,950|
|6-May-23||24-Jun-23||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm||US$300 / TT$1,950|
|12-Aug-23||30-Sep-23||Sat||1:00pm - 4:00pm|
US$300 / TT$1,950
|28-Oct-23||16-Dec-23||Sat||9:00am - 12:00pm|
US$300 / TT$1,950
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included in the price quoted.
You may also be interested in:
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs
Entry Requirement: Knowledge of mathematics and basic science would be an asset
- Administration fee: US$23 / TT$150
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$1,950.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
For further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the numbers below:
- Champs Fleurs – (868) 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5