The Professional Certificate in Events Management seeks to pair passion and interest in event management with that of the critical tools of strategic planning, detail orientation, delegation and solution orientation. Learners will develop their understanding of the five steps of the event management model and how to apply this in planning a successful event. They will also understand the importance of positioning their event brand through marketing, networking and their work standard. This step by step approach will cover all details of event planning including: budget management, venue selection, supplier contract management, programme planning, evaluation, etc.
This programme will marry event management theory with a practical/ hands-on approach that confidently transforms the learner into an event leader.
The Event Management certificate is an ideal fit, if you are:
- Seeking to begin a professional career or business in events, communications, marketing, travel, sports, entertainment or any other industry that requires event planning;
- Responsible for event management through volunteerism, work assignments, church or personal;
- Looking to enhance your professional skill set.
Why study at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- The course is career-oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on Saturday, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
|9:00am - 12:00pm
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Check out our 2020 Short Course Schedule.
- 12 contact hours
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Payment of TT$2,250.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip or e-receipt to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt and firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the body of the email:
Type of payment: Tuition and Registration Fees
Upon receipt of your email, an SBCS representative will confirm receipt and once the funds have been credited to our account, you will be notified of same and you will receive instructions on accessing your online sessions in a subsequent email.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the core elements that create a successful event
- Plan successful events of their own
- Assess risk when planning their events and find immediate solutions
- Become more confident when leading an event team
- Understand the importance of pairing the right marketing strategies with the right events
- Understand venue selection, programme planning and managing client expectations