Purchasing with Business Ethics for Business Professionals enables participants to demonstrate an understanding of purchasing as it evolved through the years to procurement and supply management. Participants will develop an understanding of the driving forces behind this evolution and of the current role and expected outcomes of procurement in the organisational setting.
This course is designed for those new to purchasing, as well as for veteran professionals looking for a refresher course to reinforce existing skills. It will also be of interest to persons who have to interact with the purchasing department as part of the purchasing process in an organization.
Schedule & Fees
|ONLINE||TBC||TBC||TBC||TBC||TT$1,850.00 | US$285|
Information subject to change without prior notice.
See our 2022 training schedule below:
Related Procurement and Supply programmes:
- 18 Contact Hours
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: If you wish to access any of our payment plan options, kindly forward an email to email@example.com .
To register for this course, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Step 2: Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
Option 1: PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
Option 2: WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account or a credit card, you can utilize the following payment option:
Option 3: Payment of TT$1,850.00 can be made via Direct deposit / online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 3: Complete the Online Payment Update / Notification form – Please ensure a copy of the deposit slip / transaction slip / e-receipt is included when submitting your information.
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days of the course start date.
For further information, please send an email to Corporate Training Centre CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt
Please check that your laptop/tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.
Email: CTCOnline@sbcs.edu.tt for more details.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the evolution of purchasing from a clerical function to strategic procurement and supply management
- Understand the principles and procedures for the effective operations and governance of the function
- Know the main ethical challenges and the code of behaviour to be followed to overcome them
- Understand the basics of negotiating and the importance of negotiations in supply management
- Understand the legal framework within which purchasing operates
- Become familiar with some of the tools and techniques used in purchasing
- Become familiar with the key aspects of supplier selection and international purchasing