Matriculation (Foundation) Programmes
Obtain an internationally recognized degree with CSEC/CXC
The combination of the Matriculation (Foundation) programme and the Higher National Diploma (HND) is an alternative to CAPE. The final year of the relevant degree can then be pursued.
The foundation programmes at SBCS Global Learning Institute are designed to assist learners in accessing post-secondary education for which they may not have the requisite qualifications for direct entry. They give learners approximately a year’s preparation in study skills, and subject-specific knowledge to help them transition seamlessly into the dynamics of higher-education study. Upon completion, our programmes facilitate degree-level entry into most of our undergraduate programmes via our Higher National Diploma (HND) route.
Our foundation programmes, called Matriculation programmes have been assessed and approved by both Pearson (UK) and ACTT for entry into the Pearson Higher National Diplomas (HND). They consist of the following:
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Business A foundation programme for those interested in pursuing degree-level qualifications in Business Management.
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Computing A foundation programme for those interested in pursuing degree-level qualifications in Computing.
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Engineering A foundation programme for those interested in pursuing degree-level qualifications in Engineering Technology and Management.
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Media and Graphic Design A foundation programme for those interested in pursuing degree-level qualifications in Art, Design, and Media and Communications.
- From your first day, you’ll be recognised as a full student of SBCS Global Learning Institute, with access to our academic and administrative services and facilities;
- These pathways are alternative and highly accessible ways to launch into degree-level study at a world-class institution;
- Our progression rates are high, and we spare no effort in ensuring you are supported not just through the programme, but throughout your subsequent study with us;
- Your welfare is important to us, so we’ll offer academic and counselling support, and a range of social activities for your enjoyment;
- You’ll experience excellent facilities and resources including complimentary, campus-wide WIFI access, secured 24/7 study facilities, and online library (EBSCO) and learning resources (Moodle).