This module gives students the opportunity to expand and develop on the basic and intermediate digital video effects and post production skills they have acquired at the HND level.
Working individually or in pairs, students will devise plan and develop an advanced digital post production project, which may be a self standing project in its own right, or can form part of their final project production.
This explores and incorporates advanced digital video post production techniques such as advanced digital video effects work, colour grading, surround sound or a combination of these as appropriate to the specific project and the student’s skills, interest and specialism.
Students will also critically examine the position of their own work with regards to current digital post production practices.
Upon successful completion of this module, students will have demonstrated:
- An advanced understanding of the technical and creative skills required to produce media content which incorporates digital video effects and post-production software and technologies.
- An advanced knowledge of digital media formats and their integration in creative digital media production projects.
- The ability to plan and devise an advanced digital post production project using industry standard tools.
- The ability to produce and create an advanced digital post production project exploring current media and creative industry tools and practices.
Illustrated lectures will demonstrate key theoretical concepts while interactive workshops and demonstrations will provide students with key technical skills. Module support will be provided via a series of Virtual Learning Environment tutorials and individual meetings.
- BA (Hons) Mass Communications (Top-Up)
The SBCS Centre for Media, Communication & Design in collaboration with the University of Sunderland is pleased to offer you a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree in Mass Communications. Be part of our first intake scheduled to start in January 2019. This final year of an undergraduate degree (Top-Up programme) can be earned in eighteen months.
With this programme, students will gain understanding of new media, cultural theory and popular culture, and acquire new skills in media studies.
On the practical side, modules such as Moving Camera II & Advanced Digital Post Production will focus on developing students’ video production skills.