Modern high-rise, and multi-zone, buildings have complex requirements for heating and cooling. Their scale, number of occupants, and need for better performance and efficiency, means that the design and installation of systems for heating, cooling and ventilation are critical.
This unit is designed to introduce students to the principles of Advanced Heating,Ventilation and Air-conditioning Design & Installation. Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to understand a broad application of technologies and design techniques used to satisfy the requirements within large commercial or complex/multi-zone buildings.
Topics included in this unit include hydraulic and control strategies for heating, sustainable technologies, ventilation systems for forced air and passive ventilation,complex distribution and plan strategies for air-conditioning, and related design and installation factors.
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering - HVAC) This programme is ideally suited for facility managers, office managers, building owners and anyone interested in Facilities Management.Building Services Engineering is the engineering of the internal environment and environmental impact of a building. It essentially brings buildings and structures to life.
The BTEC HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)) programme aims to produce building services engineers who are well equipped to enter the industry in areas such as design and build, consultancy and facilities management.
The main aims of the HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering – HVAC) are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in building services engineering by providing specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual occupations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment in the building services engineering sector.
- Provide students with flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
HNDs are recognized by many higher educational providers as meeting the admission requirements to enter the final year of an undergraduate degree programme.
Graduates of this HND Programme be able to access directly the final year of the University of Greenwich's BSc. (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) degree at SBCS, Champs Fleurs campus or the University of Greenwich's BSc. (Hons) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (Top-Up).