This programme is ideally suited for facility managers, office managers, building owners and anyone interested in Facilities Management.
The BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) programme, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) programme offered at SBCS.
Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification are required to first complete our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology and then our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) programmes before entering the final year of this degree.
This programme was designed to encourage students to develop a reflective approach to understanding engineering management principles and processes as it relates to the construction environment.
Why Study Engineering Management at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, awarded by the University of Greenwich.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace for qualified, competent facility management professionals.
- Graduates: We have produced graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically. They are currently practicing professionals, employed throughout the construction and civil engineering sector.
- Convenient class schedules: Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Duration: Programme can be completed in one (1) year.
To be confirmed.
- This qualification can be completed in 1 year
- Champs Fleurs
Students wishing to enter this programme must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE-HVAC)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Building Services Engineering
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE)
- City and Guild Level 5 IVQ Advanced Technicians Diploma in Construction
- Associate Degree from a recognized University in relevant discipline
Note: Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification must first complete our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology
For more details on fees and courses Download the Programme Brief
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to CITE@sbcs.edu.tt
- Original certificate and transcript or official transcript and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
- For students with qualifications more than five years old, a resume listing positions held and key responsibilities will be also required.
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Step 3 – Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 4 –WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering
For further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the numbers below:
- Champs Fleurs – (868) 663-7227 extensions 1094/5/8
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop graduates with the necessary skills and attributes to allow for employment within industries where they can utilize their enhanced management skills.
- To develop graduates who can apply appropriate principles and techniques to produce well-judged solutions to engineering and management problems.
- To equip students with an awareness of engineering and management applications in the wider economic and social context.
To provide a flexible top-up to the HND CBE (BSE) provision that has a strong engineering management