This unit introduces learners to the types of manually operated machine tools commonly used in industry and typical applications of such equipment. It introduces the theory of cutting tools, the practice of tool and work setting for production on manual machine tools and the checking of critical features and dimensions against specifications. Safe use of equipment will be a continuing theme throughout the unit.
- This course is offered in 45 hours.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering
The main aims of the BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automotive Engineering are to:
- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in automotive engineering by providing them with the core knowledge, skills and techniques required.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment within the automotive engineering sector.
- Provide students with a flexible progression pathway to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in automotive engineering.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
To view our photo gallery please click here.