The aim of this unit is to introduce students to the theoretical basis for business systems and their practical application. Students will understand and appreciate how business systems support the achievement of organisational objectives, particularly through the management of information and the use of Information Communications Technology (ICT) to gain a competitive advantage. Students will explore the role of systems within organisations, the management of business systems and analytical tools and techniques for monitoring and measuring control and delivery.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Evaluate the contribution of business systems to organisational performance.
- Analyse the internal and external factors which have an impact on systems and processes.
- Apply a range of analytical tools and techniques to business systems.
- Recommend improvements in organisational processes and systems.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business or Human Resource Management via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business. Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into:
- BA Honours degree in Business Management from the University of Sunderland*
- BA Honours degree in Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich*
- BA Honours degree in Business Management (Marketing) from the University of Greenwich*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to: