The aim of this unit is to introduce students to the major developments taking place in digital marketing. It will enable students to develop an understanding of how organisations use various digital tools and techniques to engage their customers and maintain a competitive advantage. This unit is designed to provide students with the knowledge and tools to work at part of a digital marketing team or go on to study more in this specific area.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the opportunities, challenges and impact of the digital environment.
- Examine key digital tools, platforms and channels, comparing and contrasting bricks and mortar and other physical channels.
- Determine how to organise digital marketing activities and build multi-channel capabilities in an organisation.
- Evaluate methods of monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectively.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Marketing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business (RQF) focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Management, Human Resources and Marketing). Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into our following University of Sunderland qualifications:
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-Up)*
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing (Top-Up)*
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resources (Top-Up)*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to:
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Diploma in Applied Business Studies
- ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration