On completion, the candidate should:
- know the factors which determine the level of economic activity:
- state-controlled economies
- market economies
- mixed economies
- open economies
- know the role of central banks
- know how goods and services are paid for and how credit is created
- understand the meaning of inflation/deflation:
- understand the impact of the following economic data:
- gross domestic product
- balance of payments
- level of unemployment
- Introduction to Securities & Investment (International)
CISI’s International Introduction to Securities and Investment (IISI) provides a comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry with a specific focus on investments from a global perspective. As well as being a standalone qualification, this programme is the introductory unit of CISI’s Investment Operations Certificate (IOC).
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended for new entrants who are beginning their career in the financial services industry. It is also suited to new or experienced investors with an interest in acquiring a more detailed understanding of investment products and financial markets. The programme covers key financial principles and products including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives, investment funds, retirement planning, loans, mortgages, life assurance and protection insurance.
What's more, through the partnership between CISI and ACCA, ACCA members and affiliates can join CISI without having to pay an initial membership joining fee (worth up to £50).
The next intake for the IISI - Introduction to Securities and Investment (International) "Online" course offering:
- May 9, 2023 - June 8, 2023 (Part-time) Tuesdays & Thursdays (5:30pm - 8:00pm)
- October 21, 2023 - November 19, 2023 (Saturdays & Sundays) 8:00am - 10:30am
Registration will officially commence on March 1, 2023 for the IISI course scheduled to start on May 9, 2023.
Registration deadline date for each period ends four (4) days before the start of the class sessions.
- The cost of the IISI course tuition is $3000.00. (payable to SBCS GLI)
- SBCS GLI Registration fee - $150.00 (payable to SBCS GLI)
- CISI Registration Fee - £36 (to be paid to CISI)
- CISI Exam Fee - £223 (to be paid to CISI)
Proof of payment must be submitted via the Online Payment Notification Form - click here
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is the leading professional body for those who work in, or aspire to work in, the investment sector, and they are passionately committed to enhancing knowledge, skills and integrity – the three pillars of professionalism at the heart of their Chartered body. Formed in 1992 by London Stock Exchange practitioners, CISI has a global community of more than 40,000 members in 121 countries.