This unit aims to give learners a sound understanding of:
- the finite nature of economic resources
- market equilibrium, supply and demand analysis, price determination
- elasticity of demand and supply
- short and long run costs, economies and diseconomies of scale
- how different market structures affect business
- how the banking and finance sector affects business
- This course is offered in 60 hours
- Written examination (unless otherwise stated). Written examinations are of three hours’ duration.
- All learning outcomes will be assessed.
- ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
The Association of Business Executives (ABE) offers professional qualifications which are recognised as accepted routes onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications, including the BA Honours Business Management from the University of Sunderland and the BA Honours Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich.
This programme is taught using a blended approach of practical industry-relevant experiences and academics.
Students will be required to complete the six (6) core units -
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Quantitative Methods for Business Management
- The Business Environment
and choose two (2) electives from -
- Economics for Business
- Managerial Accounting
- Managing the Customer Relationship
- Principles of Business Law
Upon successful completion of the ABE Level 5 Diploma, students may progress to the -