The aim of this unit is to enable students to appreciate and apply principles of effective Human Resource Management (HRM). People are the lifeblood of any organisation and being able to attract, recruit and retain talented staff is at the core of all HRM activity. This unit will explore the tools and techniques used in HRM to maximise the employee contribution and how to use HR methods to gain competitive advantage. Students will explore the importance of training and development in building and extending the skills base of the organisation and ensuring it is relevant to the ever-changing business environment. Students will also consider the growing importance of becoming a flexible organisation with an equally flexible labour force, and become familiar with techniques of job design and with different reward systems.
- This course is covered in 50 contact hours
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and scope of Human Resource Management in terms of resourcing an organisation with talent and skills appropriate to fulfil business objectives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the key elements of Human Resource Management in an organisation.
- Analyse internal and external factors that affect Human Resource Management decision-making, including employment legislation.
- Apply Human Resource Management practices in a work-related context.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business or Human Resource Management via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business. Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into:
- BA Honours degree in Business Management from the University of Sunderland*
- BA Honours degree in Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich*
- BA Honours degree in Business Management (Marketing) from the University of Greenwich*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to: