This unit is assessed by a Pearson-set assignment. The project brief will be set by the centre, based on a theme provided by Pearson (this will change annually). The theme and chosen project within the theme will enable students to explore and examine a relevant and current topical aspect of computing in the context of a business environment.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Establish project aims, objectives, and time frames based on the chosen theme.
- Conduct small-scale research, information gathering and data collection to generate knowledge to support the project.
- Present the project and communicate appropriate recommendations based on meaningful conclusions drawn from the evidence findings and/or analysis.
- Reflect on the value gained from conducting the project and its usefulness to support sustainable organisational performance.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing (RQF) is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Application Development, Security and Network Engineering). Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.
Upon completion of that baccalaureate qualification, you can progress on to the University of Greenwich MSc. Operational Cyber Security.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems
- MSc Operational Cyber Security