This unit will explore the traditional nature and form of organisations and how the external environment has led to
the emergence of new organisational forms and ways of working.
This unit will also consider the people performance link, developing an understanding of the contribution that the right person, in the right place at the right time makes in helping ensure sustainable organisational success.
- This course is offered in 55 hours
This unit aims to give learners a sound understanding of:
1. Analysing the impact of the internal context and external trends on management practices and approaches
2. Evaluating the applicability of contemporary management practices in both a specific and wider organisational
3. Assessing the links between effective people management and organisational achievement
4. Assessing personal capability to manage agile organisations and people, and develop a justified personal development plan as a result
Assessment method: Assignment
- ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
The Association of Business Executives (ABE) offers professional qualifications which are recognised as accepted routes onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications, including the BA (Hons) Business Management and BA (Hons) Business and Marketing from the University of Sunderland, and the BA (Hons) Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich.
This programme is taught using a blended approach of practical industry-relevant experiences and academics.
Students will be required to complete the four (4) core units -
- Managing Agile Organisations and People
- Innovation and Business Performance
- Effective Financial Management
- International Business Economics and Markets
and choose two (2) optional units from -