This unit explores the journey from ideas generation through to the launch of a new product or service. It examines the processes behind new product development (NPD) and it also considers the potential risks involved. Through the combination of theory and practice students will develop knowledge and understanding and be able to apply that knowledge within either an organisational or entrepreneurial context.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Explain and demonstrate processes involved in new product or service development.
- Assess the life-cycle stage of the products or services in a company’s portfolio and evaluate whether innovation, adaptation or renovation are needed for the individual products or services.
- Design and pitch a new/renovated product or service.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically reflect on the skills of team working, creative development and presentation.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Marketing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business (RQF) focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Management, Human Resources and Marketing). Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into:
- BA (Hons) Business Management from the University of Sunderland*
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing from the University of Sunderland*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to:
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Diploma in Applied Business Studies
- ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration