Managers often find it difficult to take a step back and look at their own industry in an objective manner.
Strategic Planning for the Oil and Gas Industry aims to overcome this problem. The course articulates from the core Strategic Planning course, which must be studied before starting this specialist elective. This course revolves around the global Oil and Gas industry supply chain, giving you an understanding of every part of the Oil and Gas industry.
The core MBA Strategic Planning course developed the generic structure within which concepts and models are applied to analyse the strategic process of an organisation.
This industry-specific course is designed to enhance understanding of the concepts already presented by applying them to the oil and gas industry. It tackles industry-specific issues and their strategic implications. Students should emerge from the course with a better strategic understanding of the oil and gas industry as a whole, their own organisation and its place within the wider industry.
- 40 Contact Hours
- Introduction to strategy, planning and structure in the oil and gas industry.
- Industry strategists and the process model.
- Objectives in the oil and gas industry.
- The oil and gas industry and the economy.
- The oil and gas industry and the market.
- Internal analysis in the oil and gas industry.
- Strategy choice in the oil and gas industry.
- Implementation and evaluation in the oil and gas industry.
- MBA with Specialism in Oil and Gas Management
It takes skill, determination and, of course, specialist knowledge.
Our specialist MBAs give you just that depth of understanding.
This programme encompasses the same seven core courses of the standard MBA, but, instead of the two elective courses, you take four specialist courses in oil and gas management.
This new MBA specialism will provide you with the cutting edge management skills that are needed by every successful manager to today’s competitive world, plus a detailed knowledge and expertise that is specifically relevant to the oil and gas industry.
The specialism is based on a pioneering work done by Edinburgh Business School developing the content in close association with industry practitioners, and it has been extensively market tested. The ‘students’ will be experienced managers, or those aspiring to work in public or private oil and gas producers, service providers and specialist engineering organisations.
You work towards your MBA on a course-by-course basis. After completing three courses, you are eligible for a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration, and after six courses for a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 29th out of 130 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2021.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JULY 2020 SEMESTER:
- June 27th - July 11th, 2020
- July 13th, 2020
For further information: