This course is designed for computer literate users who require basic training in 3D animation software. It incorporates the features, commands and techniques for modeling, texturing, rigging and animation on a 3D platform. Exercises throughout the courseware explore the necessary toolset to create a fully animated product, moving from pre-production, to creation in a 3D software, to a completed video file. All exercises are provided in a digital format.
Learning outcomes include:
- Formulate proper Pre-production materials
- Understand and apply the 12 Principles of Animation
- Navigate through the User Interface
- Create basic Polygon Objects
- Model utilizing Reference Images
- Texture Objects and Modify Materials
- Create Simple and Complex rigs
- Create and Modify Cameras
- Animate Objects, Rigs and Cameras
- Differentiate and Control Lighting
- Render and Composite Final Images
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours. The pre-requisites are Computer Literacy, working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects.
Why Study 3D Animation using Autodesk Maya 2022 with SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace and updated regularly.
- It can lead to lucrative employment/self employment opportunities locally and globally.
- The course is practical. You learn using the same software that you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available.
Blended - Online Classes plus Lab Sessions @ Champs Fleurs Campus
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|12-Jul-22||18-Aug-22||T/T||5:30pm - 8:30pm|
US$380 / TT$2,500
|11-Oct-22||17-Nov-22||T/T||5:30pm - 8:30pm|
US$380 / TT$2,500
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10 Professional (Windows 10 Home is also acceptable)
- Autodesk Maya 2022 (software is available from Autodesk to registered students)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- System Requirements: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Maya-2020.html
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Registration fee is not included.
- Champs Fleurs
- Administration fee: Free Registration at this time for all short courses.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Payment Plan: 50% down payment of the tuition to start the class and the balance to be paid by the end of the course. However, should you require a payment plan more tailored to you, feel free to let us know so we can discuss further.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
3. WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to email@example.com indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
4. Payment of TT$2,500.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/5.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.