The Certificate in Advanced Refrigeration and Air Conditioning was designed for persons wishing to enter the air conditioning industry.
This qualification will provide the skills and experience needed for you to carry out your role within the industry and is therefore an excellent starting point for anyone seeking a career as an air condition technician.
This programme provides a range of refrigeration and air conditioning skills by combining both practical and theoretical training. Some of the topics covered include installing refrigeration systems to national standards, carrying out pre-commissioning tests, carrying out fault diagnostics and repairing defective systems. Assessment is undertaken through a combination of practical assignments and written multiple choice examinations.
The Assured Certificate in Advanced Refrigeration and Air Conditioning programme was designed by SBCS GLI but is quality assured by City and Guilds of London. Certificates will be issued by City and Guilds.
Why Study Air Conditioning at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Training is delivered from a licensed training provider whose processes and procedures have been quality assured by a global leader in skills development, City & Guilds of London.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Course is over 50% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. Learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Schedule to be confirmed for 2020.
|SBCS Registration Fee|
|Payable upon registration|
|Payable upon registration|
|C&G Registration Fee|
£100 (one-time payment)
|Payable by: 30 November 2019|
|Examination Fee||TT$500 (per exam)|
Total Examination Fee = TT$1000
Payable by: 30 June 2020
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Additional programmes of interest
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Basic Knowledge in mathematics will be an asset.
This qualification will be assessed by a combination of written examinations and practical assignments.
To achieve the SBCS Assured Certificate in Advanced Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, learners must complete the following units:
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Fundamentals
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Principles and Practice)
Assessments for each course is as follows:
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Fundamentals
Structured Examination questions (2 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Principles and Practice)
Structured Examination questions (3 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
Practical Assessments: This unit covers the skills required to enable a candidate to apply basic tools skills to set out, fabricate, install and test refrigeration systems