The Certificate in Advanced Refrigeration and Air Conditioning was designed for persons wishing to enter the air conditioning industry.
This qualification will provide the skills and experience needed for you to carry out your role within the industry and is therefore an excellent starting point for anyone seeking a career as an air condition technician.
This programme provides a range of refrigeration and air conditioning skills by combining both practical and theoretical training. Some of the topics covered include installing refrigeration systems to national standards, carrying out pre-commissioning tests, carrying out fault diagnostics and repairing defective systems. Assessment is undertaken through a combination of practical assignments and written multiple choice examinations.
Why Study Air Conditioning at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Course is over 50% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. Learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
This programme is tentatively scheduled for October 2019 as it is currently being quality assured. If you are interested in being contacted when it is ready please send us an email. Note that classes will be PART TIME and/or SATURDAYS.
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando