The Assured Certificate in Advanced Plumbing was designed for persons wishing to enter the plumbing industry. This qualification forms the basis of knowledge for all modern domestic and commercial plumbing, and is therefore an excellent starting point for anyone seeking a career as a plumber.
The programme provides you with a range of plumbing skills and combines both practical and theoretical training. Some of the topics covered include electrical principles and processes, common plumbing processes, cold water systems, domestic hot water systems, sanitation, central heating systems and drainage systems. Assessment is undertaken through a combination of practical assignments and written structured examinations.
The Assured Certificate in Advanced Plumbing programme was designed by SBCS GLI but is quality assured by City and Guilds of London. Certificates will be issued by City and Guilds.
8 Classes of Plumbing Work
Many are not aware of the myriad of opportunities available to those with a certification in plumbing with associated skills. According to Victoria’s Plumbing Regulations 2008 (Australia), there are eight main classes of plumbing work a practitioner can become licensed in. These include:
- Fire protection
- Mechanical service
- Irrigation (non-agricultural)
- Roofing (stormwater)
- Water supply
Why Study Plumbing at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Training is delivered from a licensed training provider whose processes and procedures have been quality assured by a global leader in skills development, City & Guilds of London.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Course is over 50% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. Learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Schedule to be confirmed for 2020.
|SBCS Registration Fee|
|Payable upon registration|
|Payable upon registration|
|C&G Registration Fee|
£100 (one-time payment)
|Payable by: 30 November 2019|
|Examination Fee||TT$500 (per exam)|
Total Examination Fee = TT$1000
Payable by: 30 June 2020
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
Additional programmes of interest
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Basic Knowledge in mathematics will be an asset.
This qualification will be assessed by a combination of written examinations and practical assignments.
To achieve the SBCS Assured Certificate in Advanced Plumbing, learners must complete the following units:
- Plumbing Fundamentals
- Plumbing (Principles and Practice)
Assessments for each course is as follows:
Structured Examination questions (2 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
Plumbing (Principles and Practice)
Structured Examination questions (3 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
This unit covers the skills required to enable a candidate to apply basic tools skills to: