The B.Sc. (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) programme is accredited by the University of Greenwich and was structured to provide a viable top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Building Services Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment (BSE). Having achieved the technical competency within the HND Building Services Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment (BSE) programmes, the B.Sc. (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) top up programme serves to prepare students seeking careers as Building Services and Facilities supervisors and managers. The programme is designed to encourage students to develop a reflective approach to understanding engineering management principles and processes. Students will gain an understanding and appreciation of current management practices, and techniques as it relates to maintaining productive, creative and innovative operations where strict adherence to budgets and awareness of the cultural climate is essential.
- This qualification can be completed in 1 year
- Champs Fleurs
Students wishing to enter this programme must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Building Services Engineering or Construction and the Built Environment (BSE) OR
- Associate Degree from recognized University in relevant discipline
In order to register: 1. Proceed to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or registration can be done. 2. Provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting: (a) Original certificates, your completed student transcripts or a completion letter along with three (3) copies (b) A detailed Resume and/or Job Description in cases where your qualifications do not meet the direct entry requirement or where the qualifications were awarded more than five years ago. 3. If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following form:
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS)
4. The course administrator will then provide you with an enrollment ticket identifying the modules selected and their respective cost. Once completed, you are to proceed to the Advisory & Admission Centre where you will present the enrolment ticket and pay all fees, as specified in the Fee Information section. 5. After payment, proceed to CITE and present your receipt for recording of the receipt number.
Registration is currently OPEN.
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop graduates with the necessary skills and attributes to allow for employment within industries where they can utilize their enhanced management skills.
- To develop graduates who can apply appropriate principles and techniques to produce well-judged solutions to engineering and management problems.
- To equip students with an awareness of engineering and management applications in the wider economic and social context.
To provide a flexible top-up to the HND CBE (BSE) provision that has a strong engineering management