Computer Literacy is the starting point in the IT world. This course introduces students to the workings of the Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint along with a brief history and introduction to the internet. Students will gain confidence using Office applications and understand features that help maximize their productivity.
Learning outcomes include:
- Introduction to Office 2019
- Working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access Basics
- Customizing and Securing Office
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Why Study Computer Literacy with SBCS?
- Instructors are highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- The course is practical. All sessions are held in a lab and each participant has access to a computer.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same software that you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered full time, part-time or on Saturdays at three locations. This allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available.
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Cash Price|
|21-Sept-20||21-Oct-20||M/W||5:30pm - 3:00pm||US$145 / TT$950|
|5-Oct-20||9-Oct-20||M-F||9:00am - 3:00pm||US$145 / TT$950|
|17-Oct-20||21-Nov-20||SAT||9:00am - 3:00pm||US$145 / TT$950|
|9-Nov-20||9-Dec-20||M/W||5:30pm - 8:30pm||US$145 / TT$950|
An e-certificate will be issued at the end.
Requirements for Online Course
- Windows OS: Windows 10
- Office: Microsoft Office 2019 (Office 2016 is similar to the 2019 version)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Entry Requirements: knowledge of computer hardware, functioning use of computer devices (mouse, keyboard, etc.).
Please click Registration Information for more details.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
On completion students can progress to:
- 5 weeks
- Champs Fleurs
Knowledge of computer hardware, functioning use of computer devices (mouse, keyboard, etc.).
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.
To register for the online course, please follow the instructions below:
- Please complete the Online Programme Registration Form, and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via the following options below:
2. PayPal – Please click the ” Add to Cart” button below:
All relevant information about accessing online sessions will be sent via email within 3-5 working days.
*If you do not have a PayPal account, or a credit card, you can utilize any of the following payment options:
3. Payment of TT$950.00 can be made via direct deposit to the following SBCS Republic Bank Account (3501 3848 7501).
Once you have deposited the required payment, please email and attach a copy of the stamped deposit slip to Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) email@example.com informing of such.
Once CITE verifies the deposit, final registration details will be forwarded to the student.
For further information, please send an email to entre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 663-7227 extensions 1092/3/9.
Please check that your laptop / tablet meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Connect web conferencing online platform services before registering by clicking here.