Secure your foundation for a degree and career in Business, Human Resource Management and Marketing.
The Diploma in Applied Business Studies, awarded by SBCS, is a Pearson (UK) and ACTT approved programme, geared toward CSEC / CXC graduates as an alternative to CAPE or 6th Form. It provides such learners with the opportunity to pursue a higher level qualification in a Business discipline, by enabling a seamless transfer from Secondary to Post-secondary education.
Graduates of this Diploma programme will progress directly to Pearson's Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business and then onto the final year of an undergraduate degree; BA (Hons) Business Management, BA (Hons) Business and Marketing, or BA (Hons) Business and HRM from the University of Sunderland.
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
Eligible applicants must satisfy the following:
- Possess a minimum of four (4) CSEC / CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics or Accounts, and English, or any equivalent qualification to that stated above such as from GCE O’Level;
- All applicants must complete a diagnostic test at the start of their studies to receive further academic advisement;
- Interested persons not meeting the criteria as stated above may be further assessed to confirm programme eligibility.
In order to register, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies or
- A detailed résumé and/or job letter where applicable.
Candidates who do not meet these entry requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
Call: (868) 663-SBCS (7227) Ext. 1045-1047 to speak to our programme representatives.
Email: email@example.com for more details.
Aims and Objectives
The main aims of the Diploma in Applied Business Studies programme are:
- To expose students to a work based experience via a blend of vocational and academic learning experiences.
- To produce a graduate with the requisite skills, knowledge, understanding and personal attributes so as to continue their professional development and further their studies in a business discipline.
- To produce a graduate who can communicate effectively in the workplace.
- To ensure that graduates understand the structures and objectives of their discipline.
- To establish a foundation for career development in Business and for all graduates of this programme.
- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent thinking in our graduates.
- To ensure graduates are confident in recognizing and creating opportunities when the situation arises.
- To produce graduates who can make use of current information and communication technologies.
- To produce graduates who can work in teams and at the same time demonstrate individuality and originality.
Learning, Teaching and Assessment Methods
Much like our HND, this foundation programme is taught using a blended approach of theory and practice; know-what and know-how. Throughout the course delivery, students will be exposed to lectures, in-class and online discussions, group work, among others.
This course will be assessed by a combination of examinations and practical assignments.
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago, and by Pearson (UK) for direct entry into their Higher National Diplomas.
Students have to successfully complete three (3) Employability Skills courses and all six (6) compulsory units in order to complete the Diploma in Applied Business Studies programme.
New students are accepted into the Diploma in Applied Business Studies programme in September of every year for full-time classes.
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Please contact Course Administration for any clarification.