Secure your foundation for a degree and career in Business, Human Resource Management and Marketing.
The Diploma in Applied Business Studies, awarded by SBCS Global Learning Institute Ltd, is a Pearson (UK) and ACTT approved programme, designed for CSEC / CXC graduates as an alternative to CAPE or 6th Form. It provides such learners with the opportunity to pursue a higher level qualification in a Business discipline, by enabling a seamless transfer from Secondary to Post-secondary education.
Graduates of this Diploma programme will progress directly to the ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business Management and then onto the final year of an undergraduate degree; BA (Hons) Business Management, BA (Hons) Business and Marketing, or BA (Hons) Business and HRM from the University of Sunderland.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- ABE Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Business Management
- ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business and HRM
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration
- 11 months (Full Time)
- Champs Fleurs
Eligible applicants must satisfy the following:
- Possess a minimum of four (4) CSEC / CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics or Accounts, and English, or any equivalent qualification to that stated above such as from GCE O’Level;
- All applicants must complete a diagnostic test at the start of their studies to receive further academic advisement;
- Interested persons not meeting the criteria as stated above may be further assessed to confirm programme eligibility.
Note: Students who need to repeat either Mathematics or English but are interested in registering for this Diploma can do both simultaneously with us! In addition, we will provide you with a 20% discount on the applicable CSEC tuition fee.
The next intake for this offering will be in October 2021. Registration is currently open and the registration deadline is October 02, 2021.
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility. Forward soft copies of the following to CUBP@sbcs.edu.tt
- Original certificate and transcript or official transcript and completion letter from the awarding educational institution
- National ID or Passport
Administration must confirm of your eligibility before you apply.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Programme Registration Form and click submit.
Once the form has been completed, please proceed to make your payment via any of the following options below.
Step 3 – Payment can be made via Direct deposit / Online bank transfer. Please click here for further instructions regarding the banking options available.
Please note that online bank transfers can be done from the following banking institutions – Republic Bank, Royal Bank, First Citizens Bank and Scotia Bank.
Step 4 –WI Pay (Credit Card) – If you wish to utilize this method, please forward an email to the Centre for Undergraduate Business Programmes indicating if you would be paying the full cost or whether you would like to access any of our payment plan options. Once this is confirmed, an invoice will then be forwarded via email.
Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
For further information, please send an email to the Centre for Undergraduate Business Programmes
Aims and Objectives
The main aims of the Diploma in Applied Business Studies programme are:
- To expose students to a work based experience via a blend of vocational and academic learning experiences.
- To produce a graduate with the requisite skills, knowledge, understanding and personal attributes so as to continue their professional development and further their studies in a business discipline.
- To produce a graduate who can communicate effectively in the workplace.
- To ensure that graduates understand the structures and objectives of their discipline.
- To establish a foundation for career development in Business and for all graduates of this programme.
- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage independent thinking in our graduates.
- To ensure graduates are confident in recognizing and creating opportunities when the situation arises.
- To produce graduates who can make use of current information and communication technologies.
- To produce graduates who can work in teams and at the same time demonstrate individuality and originality.
Learning, Teaching and Assessment Methods
Much like our HND, this foundation programme is taught using a blended approach of theory and practice; know-what and know-how. Throughout the course delivery, students will be exposed to lectures, in-class and online discussions, group work, among others.
This course will be assessed by a combination of examinations and practical assignments.
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago, and by Pearson (UK) for direct entry into their Higher National Diplomas.
Students have to successfully complete two (2) Employability Skills courses and all six (6) compulsory Business units in order to complete the Diploma in Applied Business Studies programme.
New students are accepted into the Diploma in Applied Business Studies programme in September of every year for full-time classes.
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Please contact Course Administration for any clarification.