Design and build common starters and control panels, as well as understand how contactors, relays, thermal overload protection devices, manual starters, magnetic starters and common controllers work. The Electric Motor Control course is ideally suited to electricians, engineers, technicians and maintenance personnel. This course attempts to present the technical subject of electric motor controls in a language as non-technical as possible.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the basic components which comprise electric motor control
- Design and wire basic full voltage reversing and non-reversing combination starters
- Select contactors and starters
- Understand the basic control schematics of common reduced voltage starters.
The duration of this course is 30 contact hours.
Why study Electric Motor Control at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
SCHEDULE & FEES
- Payment Plans are available
There are no schedules in Champs Fleurs at this time.
There are no scheduled classes at this time.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You might also be interested in:
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.